- Our Sites
- The News-Gazette
- NewsTalk 1400 WDWS-AM
- Lite Rock 97.5 WHMS
- 107.9 WKIO
- Community News
Community Plus Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1943 to serve the civilian workers at Chanute Field in Rantoul. It was known then as Chanute Field Civilian Employees Credit Union. By the early 1980's, the credit union had opened its membership to the Rantoul community, moved off the base, and was known as Rantoul-Chanute Community Credit Union. This name was changed to Credit Union Plus. When the credit union converted to a federal charter in 2005, its name changed to Community Plus Federal Credit Union. Throughout the name and charter changes one thing has remained constant: the credit union is locally owned and managed by its members.
In 2008 Community Plus FCU opened a branch office in Champaign. This has extended credit union service to members of that community. While 2008 marked a time of cutbacks in branches, services, and lending for many financial institutions, it was a time of growth for Community Plus FCU. We proudly proclaimed, "we're not cutting back, we're moving forward" as our motto during this difficult period.
Community Plus FCU has a strong tradition of helping its members improve their financial lives. In recognition of this, the US Treasury certified the credit union as a Community Development Financial Institution in 2010. It is only one of three credit unions in Illinois to be certified, and is the only one outside of Chicago.
Community Plus FCU is focused on helping a diverse membership improve their financial lives. They have a variety of innovative programs to help people, no matter what their financial situation in life is today.