10 Reasons To Advertise On Radio
- Radio’s diversity of programming affords advertisers niche channels to zero in on narrow target groups.
- Formats allow advertisers to speak selectively to consumers they want to reach.
- Local/regional structure means brands can focus on key marketing areas.
- Radio is on 24/7, reaching over 91% of people age 12 and older every week and 78% daily.
- Consumers vary in their stages of the purchase cycle – on-going Radio ads allow your product or brand to be front and center when people are ready to buy, even during off seasons.
- Radio reaches consumers close to the time and location of purchase, whether they’re in-store or online shoppers.
- Reach listeners in-car when they’re driving to stores, restaurants, etc.
- Radio is a mobile medium, reaching people at home, at work, at play, in cars.
- It’s a companion and an advertising force that accompanies advertisers’ customers wherever they go.
- “Radio continues to be perceived as central to people’s lives, especially when contrasted with the precipitous decline by other traditional media” – Arbitron/Edison “Infinite Dial”.
- Listeners tend to listen to relatively few radio stations and are extremely loyal to their favorites.
- Research shows that Radio listeners have a low level of ad avoidance, staying tuned in through commercial breaks.
- Because ads can run frequently and listeners tend to stay tuned for long periods of time, a brand that is big in Radio can create a disproportionately large share of mind for itself.
- Listeners feel an emotional connection with their preferred Radio stations.
- Passive forms of advertising merely list merchandise or tell where a product is available, radio is an active medium capable of stirring emotion, creating demand and selling products and services.
- Radio is a call-to-action medium.
- Approximately 1/3 of TV time is devoted to commercials, about 2/3 of newspapersare comprised of ad copy, and Internet users are now subjected to a barrage of advertising.
- With an average of 10 commercial minutes per hour (about 1/5 of each hour), Radio affords an uncluttered environment for advertisers.
- Radio ads are always forefront for the listener’s attention – ads aren’t surrounded by competitors’ spots or buried in the back pages.
- Radio has a “multiplier effect” on other media.
- Audio-only medium stimulates a different part of the brain than video, print, online images
- Adding Radio increases recall of TV, newspaper, Internet ads.
- Radio is proven to drive consumers to advertisers’ web sites.
- Consumers need to be exposed to ad messages multiple times before they begin to respond.
- Radio’s relatively low cost in relation to other media allows advertisers to use multiple stations to reach their targets and build frequency levels for maximum impact.
- Radio stars in the theater of the mind, stimulates emotion-filled images within the listener’s own mind – voices, music, sound effects, recall of video images.
- No matter how small or large the advertiser, Radio allows creativity to brand
and create a unique identity that consumers will remember.
- Affordable production allows tailoring ads for compatibility to various formats,
increasing appeal to listeners.
- Radio advertisers can adapt quickly to changes in their own situations and
marketplace to make sure their dollars are effectively utilized.
- Radio production costs less than TV, print.
- Radio is less expensive to buy than most major media, allowing advertisers to
afford maximum reach and effective frequency.